Tuesday, April 5, 2011

new: Entrepreneurs, Jamie Woon, The Antlers, Alpines & Skream and Hudson Mohawke remixes.


This is excellent. Launch party in the Macbeth, London on Friday for it. May just pop along! Also, anything with Ghostpoet on it is the business going on what I've heard thus far.

Fuck Tactics feat. FOE & Ghostpoet by Entrepreneurs









Been looking through this months Flirt fm playlist. Flirt is the student radio station in Galway, Ireland. Paula, the manager puts the monthly playlist together, the archives are a great snapshot on music over the past few years, especially though not exclusively electronic music. Hadn't gotten back to Jamie Woon since the BBC Sound of 2011 longlist came out. This is classic Rn'B for todays kids.



Hudson Mohawke's take on it is worth a listen too.

Lady Luck (Hudson Mohawke's Schmink Wolf Re-fix) by woon

More spooky pop music. I blame the imminent release of Scream 4. Everyone's back on a horror buzz. The Antlers' Burst Apart is out May 10th.

The Antlers - Parentheses by Frenchkiss

I've been following the antics of South London's Alpines for a few months now. I think they're on to something. Drive is one of my favourite tracks of the past few months.



Skream has taken his buttons to it and created this. Now I love when anything vaguely drum n' bass peeps up unexpectedly, like with Skream's Let's Get Ravey remix of In For The Kill by La Roux, or the blisteringly good ending to Pass Out by Tinie Tempah but I'll be honest there are parts of this remix that sound like an advert for an xBox racing game. Points from Skream's license maybe! Heh heh. Not bad but I'll be sticking with the original.

Drive (Skream's I Ain't Got A License Remix) by Alpines

No comments:

Post a Comment