Sunday, June 5, 2011

new: Chad VanGaalen, Tasseomancy, Cass McCombs and Benjamin Taylor Leftwich

I posted about Chad VanGaalen the other day ...I needed to revisit him on the back of this AMAZING video. I picked it up from Anika In London ...good read.


Chad VanGaalen - Peace on the Rise (OFFICIAL VIDEO) from Sub Pop Records on Vimeo.

I picked this up too. Canadian sisters Sari and Romy Lightman make up Tasseomancy. Their current album is called Ulalume. Gorgeous sounds.

Soft Feet by tasseomancy

I started listening to Cass McCombs recently, knowing that he was seen as a living legend and wanting to decide for myself whether or not the fuss was warranted so I picked up his latest, Wit's End. I found something incredibly delicate and gentle about his music. It had a real calming effect on me. Here is a new video from him for County Line from that album. You can stream the album over at Guardian Music.



Finally, today I will be listening to more Benjamin Taylor Leftwich. I checked a few tunes out on a recommendation this morning. Last Smoke Before the Snowstorm is out July 4th.

Benjamin Francis Leftwich - Box Of Stones by dirty hit



No comments:

Post a Comment