Saturday, February 6, 2010

Bitta fun of a Saturday morning

Thursday night was off the wall. The clubnight is really taking off in a big way, but the free beer is making shit of my productivity on a Friday!

I played this on the radio show a few weeks back and forgot about it. It's a bonus song from iTunes and Japanese versions of Contra. So having a listen again I reckon it's really really good, better than a lot of the songs that are on the album, and I love the album. Whoop indeed.

Vampire Weekend - Giant Alt

Electric Church are a long gone metally Alice in Chains/Therapy? style band from down my side of the world. They were ploughing away during the mid 90's but as happens most bands packed it in and moved to other parts of the world and grew up. Or did they?! Nope, they're back for one gig only in Tuam Co. Galway on Saturday Feb. 13th, and have remastered some tunes for a single. Niice!

Electric Church - Rusted Cranium Alt

I was trawling through blogs earlier and found a kick ass mix that kicked off with this bad boy. I managed to track it down, it's one of those tunes you find every few days that you know you're gonna be listening to for a while. Ever since I ended up at an acid house party in Dingle Co. Kerry when I was 17 and didn't really know anyone, or anything about pills, was sober and danced my arse off before the party got shut down, I've been fascinated by early 90's dance! Every now and then I'll search out a new housey kinda tune but I find that there's so much shite it can often be a tough search. This is a dancey hip hop gem. It's from 1988's Year Of The Dragon, the year I was born. So it's well possible this is what I was bopping about to in the womb! ...who am I kidding, it was probably Wet Wet Wet or something equally awful.

Bomb The Bass - Megablast (Hip Hop On Precinct 13) Alt

No comments:

Post a Comment