Saturday, July 3, 2010

Bits & Bobs


No mp3's for the past few days, but posted some cracking videos, so enjoy those!

Quick one, last night I felt like shit. I went to see the amazing Super Extra Bonus Party. After seeing them a few weeks back in a Dublin venue with a crowd that seemed oblivious to their incredible energy, I was delighted to be part of a crowd of lunatics that enjoyed every minute of it. There was even a penalty shoot out mid gig which "Ghana" won, to make up for their gutting defeat just before the gig.

Anyway, I'd had a pizza before the gig and felt shit after it so scrapped my idea to go see Andy Weatherall after which I was gutted about. I don't know much about him but apparently he's responsible for Primal Scream going dancy and the remix of this song to make it a dancefloor anthem:

Happy Mondays - Hallelujah (Club Mix) Alt

I just heard Snoop Dogg is playing the Olympia in Dublin on Tuesday night. Oxegen is next weekend. I really should save a few quid between now and then. But it's Snoop Dogg. I've never seen him live, I hear he's amazing. Gonna dwell on this while I decide.

Snoop Dogg - Drop It Like It's Hot Alt

I'm DJing tonight, first time in two weeks, cos I took last weekend off. Looking forward to spinning this silly gem. Call on down to Kellys from 9 if you're in Galway.

Lipps Inc. - Funky Town Alt

Otherwise in Galway news, fair play to the 300-500 of you who got involved in the water fight on Eyre Square earlier on! To all of you hitting the Gigantic boat party this evening I'll see you there. And Ciara O D, Happy Birthday dude, I'll catch you after work for bouncing castles and late night lunacy;)

No comments:

Post a Comment