Sunday, June 5, 2011

new: Bodi Bill, Blue Scholars & Teens

Well this is turning into quite the blogging Sunday ...I was supposed to get my hair cut today but it's drizzling out so I'm drinking tea and listening to loads of music instead.

...New band to me, are Bodi Bill, a Berlin electronic folk act. This is the second release from their debut album What? Can imagine these guys making waves over the next few months.

Bodi Bill - Pyramiding (Edit) by Sinnbus




You will have seen them if you've been keeping an eye on the excellent Noisey project from Intel/Dell and Vice Magazine. High quality live videos from some damn good acts including Oberhofer, Those Darlins, Cults and Mogwai.



...I'm loving Blue Scholars. I get a real kick out of finding decent hip-hop. Suppose it's down to what I'm used to, if I hadn't listened to lots of indie music over the years I can imagine listening to rock radio would do my head in. There is a lot of shit indie music but I can zone out. I can't zone out on bad hip-hop. That Eminem/Rihanna tune drives me crazy, it's just terrible. So do Dr. Dre, Chris Brown and LMFAO.

On the downside, they have collaborated with Macklemore, an "Irish" rapper who wrote the worst hip-hop tune I've ever heard, ever. Check it out here, but be prepared, it's rough.

Their album Cinemetropolis is out June 14th.

Blue Scholars - Cinemetropolis by The Wounded Jukebox

Blue Scholars - Chief Sealth by The Wounded Jukebox


...Scummy, dirty and a lot of fun, ladies and gents, it's Teens. Summertime pop, poorly recorded but full of joy. Put together in a disused Cold War era bunker in their hometown in Idaho.

Props to Barry Gruff for getting me onto this. Pick it up for free on Barnowl Records.

TEENS - O'lay.mp3 by user9508841. Uploaded with BandPage by RootMusic

TEENS - Die With You by user9508841. Uploaded with BandPage by RootMusic

TEENS - White Devils by user9508841. Uploaded with BandPage by RootMusic

No comments:

Post a Comment