Friday, September 24, 2010

Tunes My Mates Like vol. 3

Another round of tunes my mates like! I got more suggestions after the last post so if you want to get in on the action for the next one mailjoshclarke@gmail.com will get it right to me.

Eoin Reilly has introduced me to Carter USM. I'm glad I listened to the song before I saw what the singer looks like. What an odd man. I like this too because I now live near New Cross. I seems quite nice, my girlfriend's in college there, all the kids look cool and arty and there are some nice pubs. Just hope I don't run into Carter. Can imagine he's deteriorated even more since this video was made. I wonder if he's wearing the same jumper.



Ailbhe McMahon suggested some lady songs. Songs by ladies for ladies. Well we had some Tegan & Sarah, some Dum Dum Girls and this little piece of pop magic that I had never heard before. This is going down on my best ever 80's tunes list. It's amazing! Thanks Ailbhe!



Louise McSharry, on the ball with all things aurally wonderful has suggested what is contending in my head for best pop song this year. Mr. Mark Ronson, I wasn's so gone on some of your covers but three out of three on single releases this year, I can't wait for the album ...fun fact. Louise just got a bike. Coincidence? I think not.

Mark Ronson - The Bike Song from Kairos Mosaïque on Vimeo.



Finally Conor Gilleran suggested a few, but this one caught my attention. I'd remembered listening to it and promising myself I'd come back to it. I never did. Thanks for the reminder Conor!



As I said, get involved, mailjoshclarke@gmail.com, facebook and twitter below. If I start getting good responses I might start doing themed ones!

facebook twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment