Thursday, October 14, 2010

Calling London # 1 w/ My Band Is Better Than Your Band


As some of you may have read I've just moved from little Galway in Ireland to big big London in the UK. I miss a few things, being able to walk everywhere, not being broke and Tayto crisps, apart from that though I'm falling in love my new home. There is so much going on it's hard to take in. But instead of wasting time trying to figure it all out myself I've gotten on to a few people who know their stuff. I hope this will be helpful to anyone in London, planning to move to London or planning to visit at any stage ...which everyone should!

For Calling London # 1 we have Ollie from My Band Is Better Than Your Band, an excellent new music blog based in London. He's launching a new clubnight, Back To The Future, in Centro on West Central Street near the Holborn Tube. I'll be heading along after the Tribes gig in the Flowerpot. London ahoy!

- What are your favourite venues for original live music?

Silver bullet in Finsbury is a great little venue. The Flowerpot in Kentish town is also brilliant. They have 1 band every night and entry is always free. The last couple of weeks have seen A&R buzz bands Brother, Mona and The Vaccines play to rammed crowds!

- Clubs and Clubnights: Where’s fun to go dancing?

Back To The Future at Centro every Thursday is a great night out. Right in the centre of town and super cheap drinks!

- Favourite London bands/artists?

The Vaccines, Talking Pictures, Mystery Jets

- Upsides to being a music fan in London:

Probably in the best city in the world for new music with some of the best venues as well!

- Downsides to being a music fan in London:

There aren't any!

Recommend a record store:

Vinyl Exchange and Music & Video Exchange on Poland Street

Where is best to find out what’s going on?

Ents24.com!

Thanks Ollie, now go check out his blog and go to his clubnight! If you'd like to get involved mail me, mailjoshclarke@gmail.com.

facebook twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment