Monday, October 25, 2010

N-E-W: Girls & Vessels


- I reluctantly post this Girls track as they left a bad taste in my mouth after their Galway gig a few months back. I heard some terrible reports about them being rude and acting like rock royalty. Pitchfork giving you thumbs up is nice but it doesn't give you free reign to act like a knob. Being nice isn't hard. And on top of that they weren't that great live.

But at the end of the day they do make good music, and good music is good music.

Girls - "Heartbreaker" by crawdaddy

Broken Dreams Club is out November 22nd.

- And a band called Vessels with this sweet ambling Thom-Yorke-vocally track. It's got a pretty cool post-rock breakdown at the end.

Meatman, Piano Tuner, Prostitute (feat. Stuart Warwick) by Vessels

facebook twitter

2 comments:

  1. you have to bare in mind that rumors aren't always true. i've never been rude to anyone on tour and actually always go out of my way to be nice. but when your on tour for 4 weeks straight people can sometimes misinterpret being tired for being rude. im sorry someone got that impression but i don't think it's fair to judge a touring band in this way, live music has it's off nights even for the best bands. and we were exhausted at Galway.
    -christopher owens

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to reply for a while but couldn't find a contact for you online so this will have to do.
    I completely understand bands having off nights. I've been talking to friends just back from a US tour, it's gruelling, and I don't envy anyone that amount of travel and lack of comfort.
    All I'll say is Galway is pretty out of the way, so lots of people were really excited about Girls playing, and when you've payed money to see a band and they come across like they couldn't give a shit it'll piss you off.
    If it wasn't rudeness I'm sorry, I'm just going on what people told me.
    If you ever happen to read this thanks for the reply, shows guts, and your new stuff is brilliant,
    Cheers,
    Josh

    ReplyDelete