Saturday, October 23, 2010
Calling London # 3 with Flashback Records!
In our last Calling London post, Aaron from Civil Civic said Flashback was his favourite London record store. So we got onto the guys in Flashback about the best of London music.
What are your favourite venues for original live music?
- The Lexington on Pentonville Road is pretty cool.
Clubs and Clubnights: Where’s fun to go dancing?
- I don't dance but the DJ nights at the Mucky Pup, Queens Head Street N1 are pretty good.
Favourite London bands/artists?
- Male Bonding (new album out on Sub Pop) are a great post hardcore band. Toehammer have just released their debut single and are amazing live.
Upsides to being a music fan in London
- So much choice
Downsides to being a music fan in London
- Beer is always crap in venues!
Recommend a record store:
- Flashback (like duh!)
Where is best to find out what’s going on?
- Time Out covers most things.