Thursday, January 27, 2011

N-E-W: Cut Copy (Mylo Remix), Holy Ghost! & Go! Team


My goodness, how have I only heard this now? Mylo remixing a track from Cut Copy's superb new album Zonoscope. Very little electronic music has impressed me of late. I'm not a massive electronic music fan. I like something between minimal techno and those sickening sugary sleek electrostep mashups you see lying about the blog world.

This hits the spot, enough fun blips and bleeps to allow me to imagine it's "out there", a massive slow stomping beat and natural, organic production. That last one I can't explain, it just makes sense in my head. You know what I mean?

CUT COPY - Take Me Over (Mylo remix) by label Barclay


For Galway folk, Heineken Music have struck gold again. My hometown hits the jackpot, bagging Holy Ghost! and Cut Copy on March 4th, with the magical Go! Team on March 3rd, all in the Black Box, all free, just register here

Speaking of Holy Ghost! here is their new single Do It Again. 2011 a good year for dance music? Fingers crossed.

Holy Ghost - Do It Again by DFA Records


And while we're at it, let's call this a plug for the gig. Not that Heineken need the publicity but it's great for Galway, what with all of the closures over the past while. So to top all of that off, new from Go! Team (...I'll have posted the whole fecking album by the time it's out at this rate)

Go! Team - Voice Yr Choice

No comments:

Post a Comment