Monday, August 2, 2010

N-E-W: Jens Lekman & GHOSTWAVES (Best Coast remix)


I'm off for two days holidays in Co. Kerry tomorrow. Only Bus Eireann and their hopelessly incompetent and expensive ways stand between me and a few days of barbecues, surfing and maybe climbing a little mountain.

So for this evening I have two songs.

Sweden's Jens Lekman has a new tune, and what do you know, it sounds like a fitter, happier, more productive Morrissey! (maybe not fitter or more productive but it sounded nice) It's the first thing we've heard from Jens in a few years, and I'm delighted he's back on the scene.

Jens Lekman - The End Of The World Is Bigger Than Love Alt

I got a mail last night from this guy, and as I said to him in the mail, am surprised I didn't hit delete when I saw the word remix. It's terrible but because there are so many awful (most of them Lady Gaga related) electro remixes floating about I've begun to ignore the word altogether. I like what Ghostwaves has done with Best Coast though. A rather beefed up, dreamy, rocker. I think it sounds like someone took Cut Copy out of the Club!

Best Coast - Boyfriend (GHOSTWAVES Remix) Alt

No comments:

Post a Comment