Tuesday, August 31, 2010

3 Bands, 3 Tunes, One Riff!


A lot has been made about Nirvana ripping Killing Joke off, with Come As You Are. I'm not sure what came of it all but I'm sure all is gravy as Dave Grohl ended up drumming on one of their later albums.

I just arrived home and my housemate and guest contributor Brian (check out his review of ATP: The Movie here) was playing a Damned tune that came out a few years before Killing Joke's Eighties, with, yet again, a very similar opening riff with a very similar guitar tone.

Three great bands, three great tunes, and a lovely riff. I like rock music.

The Damned - Life Goes On Alt (from Strawberries, 1982)

Killing Joke - The Eighties Alt (from Night Time, 1985)

Nirvana - Come As You Are Alt (from Nevermind, 1991)

And since they're all such great bands, a few more from each! Industrial to the max.



(this one sounds like the intro to the start of The I.T Crowd)





Duuuuurty!

No comments:

Post a Comment