Thursday, January 27, 2011

N-E-W: Dog Is Dead & Theme Tune Boy


I'm getting a Foals/Fleet Foxes vibe off this track! All a good thing of course, as it does stand on it's own two musical feet as a fine song indeed. The band are called Dog Is Dead and expect to hear lots more about them. Radio 1 are on the case, as are the people behind the new series of Skins ...which I'd know nothing about cos I'm old now and not allowed to watch it anymore.

This is the video for their new single. Catch them at the following places on the following dates:


January 27th - London, Old Queens Head
February 3rd - Leeds, Brudenell w/ Sketches
March 4th - Darlington, Seen
March 5th - Nottingham, Rescue Rooms




Theme Tune Boy came to my attention a few months back and I've finally sat down to give him a good listen. I'm enjoying the local accent, frantic drumming, punk rock fun times, and good stories. Great to see good music coming out of Limerick! I hope this isn't taken badly, but the vocals do have a bang of Saw Doctors off them, but as the Docs seem to be the only Irish band outside Dublin that sing in their own regional drawl you'll have that.

Here are his most recent E.P's:





No comments:

Post a Comment