Monday, January 10, 2011

N-E-W: Tor, Edelweiss & Honeydrum


Tor makes my kind of music. Atmospheric, melodic hip-hop inspired stuff. There's an album on the way in a few months, I'll let you know more then!

Tor - Aperture


I picked this band up today on the excellent Listen Before You Buy blog. And while I must stress that I would post this band regardless of thoroughly interesting facts about them. But I also must point out that these guys are aged between 14 and 17. It baffles me that teenagers can be this talented and this cool. My teenage years involved terrible hair, being annoying and liking grunge. (I now have uninteresting hair, am better at keeping quiet and like music that influenced grunge). This is tight, intelligent, emotive indie rock at its finest. Buy the debut single now on bandcamp.

Edelweiss - (NO) by ListenBeforeYouBuy

Edelweiss - Fiasco by ListenBeforeYouBuy


Honeydrum are from New Brunswick in New Jersey. They have a wonderfully charming warm lo-fi sounds. They will be bringing a new cassette out each month. Regular music ahoy! Here's a track, a video and a bandcamp page full of free tunes

Honeydrum - Romper Stomper

Don't Worry About Boys - Honeydrum from Joseph Black on Vimeo.


facebook twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment