Thursday, May 6, 2010

TDOM: Day 7

A song that reminds you of a certain event.

The first major concert I went to was Metallica when I was 16. I'd been to see bands before but no one big. That night blew me away. The fucking size of the whole thing! Walking in with two friends, people smoking weed everywhere, loads of long haired, tattoo'd, pierced lunatics suffering through Lost Prophets, tolerating Slipknot, roaring through "It's A Long Way To The Top If You Wanna Rock n' Roll" by AC/DC over the P.A as we waited for the main event to kick off.

Then the opening. Ecstacy Of Gold by Ennio Morricone, which blended into Blackened. The backwards guitar notes. The screams of the crowd. The crush from all around me. Then James and co. wandering out on stage and blasting into three hours of mayhem. I was a pretty small kid at 16, I got destroyed but I loved every fucking minute of it. So ya, Blackened by Metallica from ...And Justice For All.

No comments:

Post a Comment