Sunday, January 10, 2010

I love Hip Hop


Hip Hop is wonderful. I've been playing a lot of it in the bar in Kelly's in Galway on Saturday nights. Here are some gems I've been listening to recently!

I'm by no means an underground connoisseur, I just know I like chilled out stories told over a nice beat. The guns/bitches/bling/autotune thing doesn't do it for me, it's not that I can relate to any of the ghetto stories either, it's just that I don't like feeling threatened while listening to music! "Sir, I fully appreciate that your car is bigger, yes you have two bitches, congratulations, but I'd better leave before we start talking about whose glock is more affective for killing rival gang members"

Gimme a nice little tale from the street over a nice little piano loop and some scratchy manoevres!

Jurassic 5 - What's Golden

Scarface - On My Block

Public Enemy - He Got Game

Souls Of Mischief - 93 Til Infinity

No comments:

Post a Comment