Monday, January 11, 2010

I miss Electric Picnic


I love Electric Picnic. Last year was only my second year but as long as I'm in Ireland I'll be going along to it. I've done four Oxegens, at this stage out of duty to how good the lineup tends to be. But jesus h. it's full of tossers! Since when did paying €240 to sit in a field all day drinking cheap cider while eventually venturing into a big room to roar Whoo Whoo Whoo and Whoop There It Is at whatever DJ is playing before returning to the field to destroy other people shit become a rite of passage?

I'll happily set up a festival in a field, charging half the money and put on a Lady Gaga tribute band and a Deadmau5/Tiesto/whateverthefuckyouprickslistento CD on a loop and you can kick 40 shades of shite out of each other for as long as you want without any security guards "harshin' yer buzz maaan".

Really losing the run of myself here, oh ya, Electric Picnic. Always good fun! Here are a few songs from some of the bands I enjoyed this year. Of course Bowie didn't play, the Soulwax remix was played by 2 Many DJ's

Blitzen Trapper - Furr

Roots Manuva - Witness (One Hope)

David Bowie - Rebel Rebel (Soulwax Remix)

Passion Pit - Let Your Love Grow Tall

Florence And The Machine - Cosmic Love

If you've never been, go. The photo accompanying this post is of the Body And Soul area of the festival. It's a natural amphitheater with a stage at the bottom where bands play all day, with great food and trees and stuff surrounding it and a DJ booth in a treehouse where you can lose your mind late into the night time.

Also, for the record not everyone who goes to Oxegen is a prick, it's just there are so many of them, just check boards.ie for ...oh wait, on second thoughts ...

No comments:

Post a Comment