Saturday, November 6, 2010

Dancefloor Magic vol. 4


Happy Saturday! ...yet again we've some wiiiiiiiicked party tunes on the blog. Feel free to suggest some for next week in the comments or send me a mail mailjoshclarke@gmail.com (...or if you're in London and put on parties book me for a gig!)

This track is the ultimate transition from eveningtime chill beats to nighttime dancefloor shenanigans. If you're not at least tapping a foot and bobbing your head then see a doctor, your groove is broken!

Incredible Bongo Band - Apache Alt

The best times of my life have been aiding peoples dancing. That's why I'm writing this up and posting these songs, cos dancing is just so much fun. I was looking through cases of CD's earlier and I found this on a compilation and got a vivid flashback to being on stage, soaked with sweat and doing my finest Pat Benatar to this. 80's anthem, don't even think about messing with this.

Pat Benatar - Love Is A Battlefield Alt

Chances are this won't be the first time you'll see the Clash pop up here. Along with Talking Heads, The Cure, Jackson 5 etc. they're a standard get out of jail free card, as well as a standard get up and dance band. This is another one of my favourite early in the evening songs, it's a powerful, funky beast.

The Clash - Rudie Can't Fail Alt

facebook twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment