Thursday, November 18, 2010

N-E-W: Girl Talk

Girl Talk's new album. It's tacky, most of the hip-hop used is terrible and at the end of the day I'm pretty sure the whole idea of mashing Fugazi with Rihanna constitutes musical heresy. But I love it.

Usually I see "mashup" and cross the road, but Girl Talk seems immune to my snobbery. I loved Feed The Animals, and I spent all day yesterday listening to All Day.

It's as much a pop art installation as an album, cutting seconds out of well known tracks here and there creating an audible painting that is fun to listen to. I don't think you can judge an album like this in terms that you'd judge an original body of work. It's not Steinski, there's no attempt at credibility, it's not an historical artifact. You'll either love it or hate it. It's free. Listen to it, love it or hate it. I'm gonna go have another listen.

Girl Talk - Let It Out Alt

Girl Talk - All Day by walt74

facebook twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment